Senior executives and sales leaders hire me to dramatically increase the effectiveness of their sales organizations – particularly when it comes to issues surrounding sales management or developing new business.
I’m usually brought in when…
- Companies are looking to take their sales attack to a new level and they’re seeking an infusion of energy, focus and intensity, along with very practical and actionable coaching
- Sales results aren’t what they should be or the sales team is not firing on all cylinders
- Results have been good, but there is concern that the sales team or sales management is operating in reactive mode
- Sales leadership is looking for fresh ideas and outsider perspective – oftentimes around hunting for new business
Sometimes I’m brought in to figure out what’s not working and occasionally get the treat of helping take a very healthy sales organization to the next level – particularly when it comes to developing net new business.
I share candid observations – quickly.
I tell the truth – about your people, leadership, culture, market and sales process.
I offer simple, practical suggestions that work in the real world.
There is no “typical” engagement. Some last hours, most go several months, and a few clients won’t let me go.
I don’t bill for hours or days because nothing about that model makes sense and no one likes the feeling that the meter is running. Plus, I still haven’t figured out how to invoice for time thinking about your business in the shower, while staring out an airplane window at 35,000 feet, or when you text me at 7:00am with a burning question. Fees are typically project-based, but many clients prefer retained agreements.
Clients use me in various capacities, including:
• Sales Force Turnaround situations
• Surrogate or Interim Sales Leadership
• Sales Talent, Culture, Model or Process Evaluation
• Outside perspective and fresh ideas regarding sales management and new business development
I coach sales teams, sales managers and individual producers.
Each corporate engagement is unique, but most involve a tailored blend of…
• Sales team meetings
• 1:1 with managers
• Field Work
• Telephone, web-video and face-to-face coaching of salespeople
People say that I’m funny and my coaching is often considered blunt, practical and easy to implement.
Some of what I refer to as coaching, others call training. But because I customize my approach, don’t bring you to my classroom or teach canned, off-the-shelf content written by someone else, I hesitate to describe it as training.
You can get a good flavor of my approach and most common coaching topics by checking out the Table of Contents of my book, the sample speaking engagements below, or perusing my most Powerful and Popular blog posts.
Organizations have me speak about prospecting and developing new business, sales leadership, and sales talent.
I lead workshops, seminars, conferences, retreats, sales team meetings, and breakout sessions. For the right situation, I’ll do a keynote talk, but prefer settings where audience participation is central to the session.
In 2014, I’ve had speaking engagements in the UK and all across North America. Here is a sampling of some recent events:
• Full-day session covering select topics from New Sales. Simplified.
• Half-day workshop for an inside sales team tackling
—>Why salespeople fail to develop new business
—>Sharpening the sales story
—>Keys to telephone prospecting
• Three-hour training session at annual conference helping a national dealer sales force to become more proactive and more consultative
• Two-day sales management retreat for the executive team and two dozen sales managers from across the country
• One-hour talk unpacking the New Sales Driver framework for executing a successful new business development attack
• Full-day workshop for insurance agency principals and sales leaders on the essentials of sales management (covering sales culture, talent management and “train the trainer” sessions on the sales story, telephone skills and sales call structure)
• Custom-created half-day advanced session to help transition a global client’s BD team from being perceived as “vendors” to “value-creators”
• Business owner’s “Forum” group sharing blunt Observations from the Field, Why Sales Team Fail to Grow Revenue and offering simple, practical, easy-to-implement takeaways
“We had 25+ of our team attending the conference and everyone that I have visited with told me that you were definitely the highlight of the event.”
“The class was the best class that I have taken as part of an offsite. The presenter, Mike Weinberg, was articulate and easy to follow.”
“Mike’s up-front approach to sales and sales management is refreshing. I’ve sat through many sales and marketing seminars and was told that “you should be doing X”. Mike’s message told me I should do “X”, but went further and gave me the tools needed to create immediate change. Whether it was tracking and motivating a sales team or creating a sales story to base prospecting activities off of, you’ll walk away with an action plan you can put to immediate use.”
“Best course I’ve taken thus far.”
“Just wanted to thank you for a great time yesterday at Headquarters. It was definitely worth the trip from WV to hear you speak. My colleague and I were so excited to get back and start selling and implement all of your processes into our daily schedules!”
I reserve time to personally coach and mentor a select handful of individual clients.
Openings are limited. If you are serious about upgrading your personal sales or sales management game, desire individualized attention, and want to be pushed, this offering may be for you.
Similar to my corporate clients, all engagements are unique and priced according to the client’s objectives and my level of involvement. If personal coaching interests you, send a brief email to info [at] newsalescoach [dot] com describing your situation and what you’d like to get from coaching, and we’ll set up a discovery call with you.