Senior executives and sales leaders hire me to dramatically increase the effectiveness of their sales organizations – particularly when it comes to developing new business or managing the sales team.
I’m usually brought in when…
- Companies are looking to take their sales attack to a new level and for an infusion of energy, focus and intensity, along with very practical and actionable ideas
- Seeking to create a team of proficient sales hunters focused on bringing in New Sales
- Even if results have been good, there is concern that the sales team or sales management are operating in reactive mode simply responding to rather than creating opportunities
- Sellers are getting relegated to “vendor” status and commoditized instead of coming across as consultants, value-creators and professional problem-solvers
- Sales leadership is looking for fresh ideas and outside perspective – often around hunting for new business and developing a winning, healthy, high-performance sales culture
"One of the best, most relevant courses I've taken. Also the best single instructor in all of the courses I've attended in the last 9 years!"
- Attendee at full-day training session for a global business development team
“We had 25+ of our team attending the conference and everyone that I have visited with told me that you were definitely the highlight of the event.”
- Division President of heavy equipment manufacturer following a 3-hour 'Consultative & Proactive Selling' session
Annual Sales Conference: "Becoming More Proactive"
A Highly Customized Introduction & Workshop
“Mike’s up-front approach to sales and sales management is refreshing. I’ve sat through many sales and marketing seminars and was told that “you should be doing X”. Mike told me I should do “X", but went further and gave me the tools needed to create immediate change. Whether it is tracking and motivating a sales team or creating a powerful sales story for prospecting, you’ll walk away with an action plan you can put to immediate use.”
- Insurance Agency Principal following a full-day workshop (with the morning focused on themes from Sales Management. Simplified. and the afternoon on New Sales. Simplified.)
“The class was the best class that I have taken as part of an offsite. The presenter, Mike Weinberg, was articulate and easy to follow.”
-Senior Sales Executive following a full-day New Sales. Simplified. workshop
“Mike Weinberg lives the material, so it comes natural for him and isn't forced, even on the edges of the topic. He clearly would be happy to see us living it too.”
-Account Executive following a workshop on Powering-Up Presentations and Moving from Vendor to Value-Creator
Read this if you're interested in having me speak (it might be the most honest, direct "pitch" you'll ever get from a speaker):
Whether it’s for a couple dozen or couple hundred people and anywhere from two hours to two days, I love leading…
· sales training workshops
· breakout sessions
· sales team meetings
· sales leadership retreats
· CEO forum groups
Put me in a room with your sales team, sales managers, or executives, and no one will deliver more value or provide more practical takeaways.
However, delivering a monologue from on stage is not my favorite thing. For the right situation, I’ll do a keynote talk (like the one below)...but much prefer leading sessions where audience participation is central to the mission.
Keynote: “Moving from Vendor to Value-Creator”
Volunteer on Stage: Sales Call & Feedback
*LIMITED AVAILABILITY: Effective May 1, 2017 I am capping my speaking at three events per month. If you have a date, or range of dates, that you are considering engaging me, we strongly encourage you to contact us now to inquire about availability or to schedule a discovery conversation.
I share candid observations – quickly.
I tell the truth – about your people, leadership, culture, market and sales process.
I offer simple, practical suggestions that work in the real world.
I’m blunt. I call it like I see it.
I am emotional, take my clients’ business personally, and act like my own livelihood depends on their success.
There is no “typical” engagement, and there is no one way to do this. Some engagements last hours, most go several months, and a few clients won’t let me go.
I don’t bill for “time” or track hours because nothing about that model makes sense and no one likes the feeling that the meter is running. Plus, I still haven’t figured out how to invoice for time thinking about your business in the shower, while staring out an airplane window at 35,000 feet, or when you text me at 7:00 am with a burning question. Fees are typically project-based, but some clients prefer retained agreements.
Clients use me in various capacities, including:
• Sales Force Turnaround situations
• Surrogate or Interim Sales Leadership
• Sales Talent, Culture, Model or Process Evaluation
• Outside perspective & fresh ideas regarding sales management and new business development
I coach sales teams, sales managers and, on rare occasions, individual producers.
Each corporate engagement is unique, but most involve a tailored blend of...
• Sales team meetings
• 1:1 with managers
• Field Work
• Telephone, web-video and face-to-face coaching of salespeople
I customize my approach, don’t bring you to my classroom, or use canned, off-the-shelf content written by someone else. You get me, my heart, my content, and my experience doing this for a couple hundred organizations. And if you need another sales guru’s expertise or specialty, I’ll personally invite a trusted specialist colleague to join the engagement.